Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Another Good Week as a Missionary

Hey Everyone!

I hope that y'all had a great week!

This week wasn't too eventful but there were a couple of things that happened.

First off, I got in another bike crash. It was pretty fun! And I am not sure how exactly it happened but it did and the only bad thing that happened was that my watch and my water bottle broke. I actually got up from it without any scratches on me. I tend to do that a lot. I guess my skin has gotten tougher out here and the Lord really does protect His missionaries.

So this week we had about 4 lessons set up and every single one of them cancelled but what I  got from that is that Heavenly Father is teaching us patience and one there is someone out there that is being prepared right now for us to teach. I relate this to one of my favorite quotes, "Every trial and experience that you pass through is necessary to your salvation." -Pres. Brigham Young. Everything we go through is for our good and God truly does have a plan for EACH and every one of us!

We also had Zone Training Meeting (for those of you who don't know what that is, its where a big group of missionaries meet and we train on different stuff and how to become better missionaries) this week. It was a really good meeting and the Spirit was definitely present there. I was able to receive answers to my prayers and know how best I can help my area. We also worked on how we could become better at contacting people and that was a really big help to me in realizing how best to go about talking to people. The best way is first to break the ice and then quickly relate the message of The Restoration into what you are talking about because that is when the Spirit is able to come in and testify of the truthfulness of the things you are talking about.

I was able to learn so much this week and learn how best we can help the members to play a bigger part in missionary work.

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here at this time in my life to serve those around me. I know with all my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the same exact Church that Christ established when he was here on the Earth and I am so grateful I am able to be part of such a great cause. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I know that because I have asked Heavenly Father if it is true and I have gotten my answer that it is and I know that if you don't have a testimony of its truthfulness then I would encourage you to take a little step of faith and read the Book of Mormon and then ask if it is true. I know you will find your answer as you do so.

Thank you for all of your love and support!

I love and miss y'all!!

Love,
Elder Rudd

I found a sombrero in our apartment!

Maybe this hat should be considered for addition to the 
approved hat styles missionaries can wear!




No comments:

Post a Comment