Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Monday, April 5, 2016

How's it going everyone!

This week was a great week. We saw so many miracles happen!

First off we were able to have a lesson with Rachel and answer many of her questions. She also came to 8 hours of General Conference. We both have a feeling that she is going to be getting baptized. She loves the church and how loving all of the members are to her. She also loved how she got many of her questions answered when she went to an institute class.

General Conference was amazing as well and I feel like it is so much better as a missionary because you can really receive so much revelation from it. 

After the first session of General Conference, we were able to go out with Erik Atienza and we decided to stop by Daniel's house. There we were able to have a lesson with him and Erik was a great member missionary. He really emphasized how important it was that Daniel come to church with us.

Now the craziest thing of all that happened this week...we got in a head on collision with a pickup truck and walked away without one scratch on us!! Missionaries truly are protected. So the story goes like this...we were driving to go and see a potential investigator and as we were driving down Townsite Dr. this truck came out of a road and came into my lane, so I braked thinking that they would correct themselves and then go into the other lane. Then they sped up and I realized that we were about to get hit. So I braced myself and put my arms in front of my face and then it happened. I can barely remember them hitting us other than the lights coming at me and then I think we got knocked out for a couple of minutes. Then Elder Urey and I wake up to some loud ringing and smoke in the air from the air bags going off. I turn to Elder Urey and ask if he is okay and he says 'yes'. Then he asks the same to me and I said 'yes'. Then I told him he should probably call 911. We then got out of the car and looked for the truck that did this to us.  We are guessing that the driver of the truck might have been drinking and driving, because they were gone. Then the Fire department and the police showed up and we told them that we were okay. It is crazy to think that we got in a head-on collision and were able to walk away from it with no injuries at all. I have such a greater testimony of how much the Lord truly does have His hand in our lives and that He will protect us. By the way our car is totaled and that really stinks because I liked that car. Oh and we are perfectly fine as well, I am glad that we were able to be the ones to get in the crash because we were talking to this lady after the accident and she said that she was about to leave and if it had not been us then it most likely would have been this older woman with her little children in the car. 

I know that this Church is true and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to serve here in the California Carlsbad Mission. There is no place I would rather be! I am so thankful for a prophet that is here to lead and guide us and I know that he and his Apostles words truly are there to help us improve and become better.

Thank you for all of your love and support.

I love and miss y'all!!

Love,
Elder Rudd

Truck vs. Car 
 
Ouch!
 
 
Thankful for air bags!

I sure hope the cops locate the truck that hit them.

April Fools prank before
meeting with the Zone Leaders


No comments:

Post a Comment