Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Life in Fallbrook is Great!

Hey Everyone!!
 
This week was great! I am so happy to be in my new area! The people here are great and they are all super involved in missionary work which I love!!
 
So my new area is a full time biking and walking area, but that is totally fine and quite honestly I really like that. I am able to talk to so many more people and am able to see so many more cool things. Plus, I don't have to worry about getting in a car accident.
 
So my first day here we had dinner with the Bishop and his family and bishop invited this homeless man over for dinner and this man did not look homeless at all! He actually had a really great story about how he came from a nice job and moved here to California because he wanted to be closer to his daughter and since jobs here are so hard to find he hasn't really been able to get settled in since what money he does get he gives to his daughter. He is such a sweet man and I am glad that we were able to be a part of dinner with him. We then were able to share a really spiritual message with them about how we go through our trials for a reason and that every thing works out perfectly if we are following God's will.
 
So we are biking here a lot and I love it.  I forgot how nice it was to be able to ride a bike!
 
We also will be having a baptism on April 30th! Her name is Rachel and she is AWESOME!! She is so ready and she loves the gospel so much!
 
Also in my last area, I was teaching a girl named Rachel and they were able to commit her to baptism as well! She was actually the one to bring it up and ask them about it, which makes it even more awesome! I am excited to be able to go back for her baptism.
 
So an interesting contact the other day...I stopped to talked to this guy and I was speaking Spanish with him and he said to me as I was telling him the I was a missionary, "do you want to sell me your bike?" and I was like "No, I want to share a message about Jesus Christ." I guess the only thing he wanted was my bike because he left when I said that. There were however some other people that we were able to set up a time with to share our message with and will be doing that this week. People here are just so friendly compared to Vista.
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve here and am grateful for my Lord and Savior that helps me through each and every day. I know that we have a prophet on the Earth today that leads and guides us just like in times of old and I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I can never deny that because of the Spirit that I have felt that has confirmed its truthfulness unto me. I am so grateful for the Spirit in my life and I hope that each and every one of us will always strive to have the Spirit with us because I do not know what my life would be like without it.
 
Thank y'all for all of your love and support!!
 
I love and miss y'all!!
 
Love,
Elder Rudd

Vista Zone
(A few days before transfers)
 
 From Back Left to Right:
Elder Grosebeck (DL), E. Madero, E. Saxey (DL), E. Mangus, E. Wilson (ZL)
E. Rudnning, E. Steiner, E. Le Tendre, E. Quinney, E. Urey, E. Rudd (DL),
Sister Denny, Sis. Benware, Sis. Middleton, Sis. Call, E. Ellis (ZL)
 
Out walking in Fallbrook

Elder Parkinson (new comp from Delta, UT) & Elder Rudd
 
Fallbrook Selfie
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment