Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday, November 30, 2015

Hey Everyone,
 
I hope y'all all had a great Thanksgiving!

I had a pretty great one. we first started the day off by having a Turkey Bowl with the Elders Quorum. We had a great turn out, there were like 40+ people there and many people brought their friends with them! Some of the legendary missionaries that everyone knows about came also so that was really cool to meet the missionaries that I had heard about for a long time but had never met. It was so much fun just getting out there and playing football with all of the other missionaries. After that we went over to the Norris' house or actually I should say mansion for Thanksgiving dinner. Their house is extraordinary and has so many cool things like a huge pool and an amazing view of the mountains. Their family was so nice to us and they are just a great family. We had plenty to eat that day! I also found out that one of their daughters actually served her mission in Orlando Florida which meant she knew where Gainesville Florida is. You know surprisingly not many people know were that Gainesville Florida is and I always have to describe it to them. Haha.

Anyways, after Thanksgiving dinner we went out to work. Which wasn't very effective since it was like a ghost town and we didn't want to be rude and knock on peoples doors so late on Thanksgiving Day.

So on Saturday we had another great day. We were able to have four lessons with one investigator and 3 recent converts. All of those went well and we were able to get our new investigator Delanee to church on Sunday.

Now what I think most of you have been waiting to hear about. Saturday night we get our transfer calls and we all make our guesses as to who was staying and who was leaving and guess what?
I am staying and so is my companion! I am excited to stay because now I can get to know the area much better!

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to serve in this area and with the missionaries I have been able to serve and learn from and am excited to continue learning and loving the people in this area. I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and I am so grateful for the Atonement. I know that it works in every single one of our lives and can help us through anything!
 
I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!
 
Love,
Elder Rudd

 

A few Christmas lights to add to the holiday spirit
 


Elder Rudd, Sister Bradley, Elder Miles
(Maybe Elder Rudd's Art Class was finally put to good use)

Service Project
Elder Rudd back in his element.
 
Vista vs. Fallbrook
Turkey Bowl

A familiar sight
Many fond memories over the years

 

No comments:

Post a Comment