Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hey Everyone,

I hope y'all all had a great week!

So this week wasn't a very eventful week but we did have the opportunity to have a lesson with an investigator of ours named Ana. I thought that the lesson went very well and I know that I felt the Spirit but I guess she didn't because when we texted her to set up another appointment she said that she did not want to study with us anymore. We asked if she had read and she said no she hadn't read the Book of Mormon. We then promised her that if she would read it and then pray about it she would be able to know whether of not the church was true. We have not yet lost hope in her but for now we are giving her a little break but in my mind the seed has been planted and when she is ready she will be able to know for herself that it is true as she asks.

So another thing that happened was that our ward had a service project this Saturday to help clean up a Sister who has recently lost her husband and grandson in an accident. Her lawn was really messed up and needed a lot of work. It was great to meet her and see how grateful and happy she was for us to come and help her. Doing this reminded me of the scripture that talks about "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God".

We also have had a big initiative to spread the gospel through the Christmas video. If you have not seen the video you definitely should, it is a great video that really brings the Spirit. I would also invite you to Discover Why Christ did the things He did.

I know that the Savior atoned for our sins and that through Him we can be made whole again. I also know that like throws at us so many bad things that can be overwhelming and difficult sometimes but if we look to the Lord for help, He truly will help us through everything!

I hope y'all are having a great Christmas season and are remembering what Christmas is truly about.

I love y'all!!!

Love,
Elder Rudd





No comments:

Post a Comment