Monday, October 26, 2015

Hey Everyone,
 
It has been a great first week out here in Vista, California. I am serving in the Vista YSA Ward and my new companion is Elder Miles who is from Parkcity, Utah. We are having so much fun and learning quite a lot.
 
Since I am in Vista, there are quite a few Hispanic people who only speak Spanish. I have had to use what little Spanish I do know to talk to them but I have learned a few words and phrases that help to get our message across.
 
I feel like I am a little spoiled though because I am in the YSA Ward my first transfer which means I cover all of the Vista and Fallbrooke area so I have to have a car which is really nice. I also get to go to bbqs every week and have FHE and Book of Mormon read activities.
 
Being here has really humbled me and helped me to realize how blessed I am seeing all of these places where people live that is not in the best of conditions.
 
So the very first day they stuck me out in the field contacting people and that was an interesting experience but now that I look back at it, I am glad that they did that because it forced me to get out of my comfort zone and talk to people on the street. BY the end of the week this week we had contacted 260 people. I now know the importance of talking to everyone.
 
Also my first Sunday in the YSA Ward was pretty interesting considering they made me give a talk. That is always fun but I felt much more prepared to do that since I had already prepared a talk in the MTC and had practiced it.
 
I know that Christ lives and through Him, we can all be cleansed from guilt and pain. I have seen this in my own life and in the lives of those whom I have taught. I also know that by reading the Book of Mormon, we can have peace and joy in our life.
 
Thank you everyone for all of your support and birthday wishes. I love hearing from every one of you!
 
I love you!
 
Love,
Elder Rudd

No comments:

Post a Comment