Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015


Hey everyone,

I had such a great week at the MTC this past week. I have learned and grown so much. While being here I have learned so much about the Savior and about my purpose as a missionary which is to invite and help others to come unto Christ.

I have learned so much during the TRC program which is where we talk to investigators that can be either real investigators or teachers that are acting like investigators. 

My favorite person is Sharon, she is from Tennessee and has an awesome southern accent. She is a very talkative and strong opinionated person but talking to her and really getting to know her has helped me so much in my teaching skills. We found out that she really loves videos so we showed her a Mormon message and that helped her so much in realizing that the Book of Mormon and the Bible go hand in hand and help to explain each other. One thing that I learned the most is that you have to act on the promptings of the Spirit to be a successful missionary, for instance we were talking with Sharon and she was saying that she did not see that God ever really blessed her because all she could see were the bad things that happened in her life. I had the prompting to have her make a list with all of her blessings with us so that she could see Heavenly Father's hand in her life. I know that is not something that I normally would have thought about and that it is only through the Holy Ghost that those we teach are able to learn.

I know that my Savior lives and that He loves me and He loves every single one of you. I know that through the Atonement we can be made clean again and can feel a sense of peace and joy. I am so happy to be a member of this church and that I am able to serve the Lord for the next two years. The Book of Mormon is another testimony of Christ and I am so thankful for how it has helped to influence my life for the better. 

I love you all and am thankful for all of the emails that y'all have sent me!!

Love,
Elder Rudd

No comments:

Post a Comment