Monday, November 2, 2015

Hey Everyone,

This week has been quite an interesting week. It started off with carving pumpkins for out district activity which was pretty fun. I carved LDS into mine ( I was going to do the angel Moroni but that would have taken way to much time to do). Then we got to go to FHE later that night. That was so much fun being able to meet all of the people in the ward and having the opportunity to play games with them. The best part about FHE was that one of our investigators came and was able to interact with a lot of the members. Hopefully Lili and Frances will be coming to church now that they are a little bit more comfortable with the people there. We also had the opportunity to go to the San Diego temple which in my opinion is the prettiest temple I have ever been in. I am so grateful I was able to go there and feel the spirit so strongly.



So when I said that my week was interesting, what I really meant was that it was a bit tough. We had 10 lessons planned this week and every one of them got cancelled about 10 minutes before we were going to be there. 

One thing that happens when things aren't going the way you think they are going to go, you start praying a whole lot more and that is exactly what we started doing. In a way our prayers were answered though. Now they may not have been how we were expecting them to be but I feel as though they were. We were able to contact many people on the street and let other missionaries that covered that area to follow up with them and hopefully teach them. 

After this long week I was reading in the scriptures and I read a couple of passages, one of which was 1 Nephi 3:7 and the part I liked the most from that scripture was that the Lo
​rd will prepare a way.  

I know that as we strive to do what is right and always work hard to find those that are searching for the truthfulness of the gospel, then the Lord truly will prepare a way. As we listen to the still small promptings of the Spirit we will be guided in the way that we should go so that we can find those seeking the truth. I am grateful for all of the trials that I have had because I know that I have grown stronger because of them.

Thank you for all of your emails and support. 

Love,
Elder Rudd 
                                            Watching The Testaments on Halloween night
                                                   Halloween Night's Dirt Pudding Dessert!
                                              These are the missionaries of the YSA ward!
                                                     Mirrors make some cool photos!
                                                                   The area I cover!
                                                                 San Diego Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment