Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hey Everyone,
 
This week was a week that I will never forget! It all started last Monday at FHE. First we had this game where we had to eat these super disgusting jelly beans. They were skunk, soap, barf, etc. tasting. Oh the life of YSA missionaries, we do some of the weirdest things.
 
So the big thing that happened was that I got to be part of a sting operation in which they arrested someone that was schizophrenic and was saying that he was going to commit suicide. That was so much fun and crazy all at the same time, because what we had to do was lure him in by saying that we wanted to discuss some deep doctrine with him. We then went into a room and let him teach us, while someone else called to cops. It felt like an hour before they finally showed up, but when they did he was like, "I knew you called the cops on me." The freaky part was that the same night that he got arrested, he was calling us at like midnight...needless to say we did not sleep very well that night. Now don't worry.  Everyone that needed to be notified was and he has not tried to contact us since. Vista is a place where every day is a whole new adventure.

Another crazy and awesome thing that happened this week was that during Stake Conference there was this guy that was baptized and called as a Stake Young Men's counselor all on the same day. Apparently he had been investigating the church for the past 10 years and had been coming regularly, but never had gotten baptized. I thought that was so AWESOME!
 
So I have been reading the Book of Mormon again and have been coloring in yellow all of the references to Christ. It is so cool to see how on every page Christ is mentioned. It has helped me to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon and I know it can for you as well, so that is why I am going to invite you to start from the beginning of the Book of Mormon and to highlight or color in yellow all of the references there are to Jesus Christ. I know that what you find will help you to either strengthen your testimony of the Book of Mormon or help you to

gain a testimony of its truthfulness as Another Testament of Jesus Christ!!
 
I hope y'all have a great week!! I love and miss y'all!!
 
Love,
Elder Rudd

One of the FHE jelly beans... ick!


The room where is all went down...the cops left their gloves on the floor.



Walking "like Missionaries do"

The view on our way up to dinner


Another picture on our way up to dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment