Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday, January 11, 2016

Hey Everyone,

This week was AMAZING!! First off we had some crazy flash flooding at the beginning of the week! Like the sidewalks were completely under water and we were driving through over a foot of water at some points. Being boys it was very fun!
 
So another crazy thing that happened was when we went to a potential investigators house and their dog started chasing us. Then it bit at our feet, I am glad I was wearing my waterproof shoes because I stuck my foot out and it just bit my shoe. Haha.
 
We also got transfer calls on Saturday and I am going to be staying in the Vista YSA training a new missionary as well as being a DL (District Leader). Elder Miles is going to Murrieta.
 
So now the most exciting news of all!! We met with this man named Angel this week and had a couple of lessons with him. At the end of the first lesson we asked him to specifically pray to know if the Book of Mormon was true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet and in his prayer he said that he knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon was true. Then we committed him to baptism first for the 22nd of January and then as we were leaving we realized that he had been to church 3 times already and in order to get baptized in our mission, you have to go to church at least twice. So we prayed about it and felt like we should ask him if he wanted to move his date to the 11th and he said yes! So today at 6 PM Angel is going to be baptized! I am so excited that I was able to have the opportunity to help Angel enter into the Kingdom of God.
 
I know that as we pray and ask our Heavenly Father for things with a sincere heart he will bless us. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve here and all of the people that I am able to meet. I know that as we truly ask to know if the Book of Mormon is true, we will receive the answer that it is!!
 
I hope you all have a great week!!
 
Love,
Elder Rudd
 
 
 

That river was dry before this week

 Flash Flooding in the Area

 Flash Flooding in the Area

  Flash Flooding in the Area

 Flash Flooding in the Area 

Cool Aquarium at Bishopric Councilor's House
I'm guessing Elder Rudd was missing the show "Tanked"
 
 Glow in the Dark Volleyball

No comments:

Post a Comment